Volunteer & Safe Haven Training (formerly Virtus)
Thank you for volunteering at St. Helen Catholic School!
We are so excited about the upcoming 2023-2024 school year and we are thankful for everyone who volunteers their time and talents to lead SHCS activities. The students, teachers and parents really appreciate all the hard work that is put into making all of our events a success.
Being a part of one of our great committees is a fun way to meet your volunteer hour requirement and be involved with your child, as well as the school. Each family must complete 25 service hours within the given school year.
There are 2 ways to log your volunteer hours:
- Simply click the link below and enter your hours online; or
- Log your hours in the binder kept in school reception area.
The cut-off date to log your volunteer hours for the current school year is April 25. Please note, only family service hours can be logged on this site. All student hours must be turned into their religion teacher. Click on Student Volunteers to download the Works of Mercy Form.
For more information on being involved, please contact one of the HSA Committee Chairs to find out how you can help.
VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE INFO
Join our Volunteer Committee and be the first to know when a volunteer opportunity is available!
SIGN-UP for ENEWSLETTER
Stay connected and “in the know” of upcoming events by subscribing to the SHCS e-newsletter delivered right to your personal e-mail account!
Click here to subscribe to the SHCS e-newsletter
VOLUNTEER SERVICE HOUR RECORDS
To keep track of your volunteer hours from home click on the link below to submit your hours online. Your hours will then be added to the log in book that is kept in the school office. Deadline to record hours is April 30th, of each year.
SAFE HAVEN INFORMATION
All staff and volunteers must be CMG Safe Haven trained to work with children within the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Please click on the link below to register for a workshop near you. If you have any questions or you need some assistance please call the school office.
Click here to register for CMG Safe Haven Training
Message from Safe Environment Office of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston:
The CMG (Catholic Mutual Group) Safe Haven online training is replacing the VIRTUS training. The training consists of 3 vignette style training videos that is approximately 60 minutes and will include a criminal background check that must be completed.
This training will be available in English and Spanish. We will no longer offer live training, all Safe Environment training will only be available online.
Who needs to train?
- All new employees and volunteers will complete the Safe Haven online training program instead of VIRTUS PGC training. The turnaround time for approval may be approximately two weeks or less.
- All individuals must complete the training and complete a background check prior to the start of employment and/or volunteer service.
- The 5-year anniversary date is still in place, individuals who recently attended VIRTUS will not be due to complete refresher trainings until they have met their 5-year anniversary date.
- As the 5-year anniversary date is met, individuals will need to log into CMGConnect with their previous personal VIRTUS user id and 1234 as the password. Once the individual logs into their CMGConnect account, they will be able to change their password. If they do not remember the user id, they may contact the following:
St. Helen’s Safe Environment Coordinator: Raquel Wood email@example.com
The following individuals below will be required to complete Safe Haven online training as well:
1. Individuals who have never attended training.
2. Individuals who are currently due for refresher training and had not attended VIRTUS training.
3. Individuals who are currently due and have not attended VIRTUS training.
4. Individuals who are out of compliance or past due.