At a Glance
St. Helen Catholic School
Grades PK3-8th grade
The mission of St. Helen Catholic School is to grow the total child in “Wisdom, Age & Grace!” (WAG)
About Our School:
- St. Helen is TCCED & Cognia accredited.
- SHCS is 1 of 2 Catholic schools in Brazoria County.
- SHCS is the ONLY Catholic school in the Archdiocese to have two teacher recipients of the prestigious Sally Landrum Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Our School Board has been named the Archdiocese Board of Excellence in 2016.
- First ever, Inaugural Archdiocesan Leadership Award principal recipient.
- In the past two years, enrollment has increased by 33%. In the past five years, there has been an 80% increase.
- All teachers are Texas or TCCED certified.
- SHCS is the only Catholic school in the country to hold the “Green Ribbon Award: for (earth stewardship) for 5 consecutive years.
- We offer a before and after school care program for registered students.
- SHCS offers advanced placement classes in grades 6-7-8. These classes are available in the Literature, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Many students are enrolled in before and after school activities, including, but not limited to: Dance Club, Geography Club, Academic & Fine Arts Competitions, Chess Tournaments, Quiz Bowl, Reading Clubs, Music Club, Spanish Club, Athletics, and many more!
- Our Lady Saints are the 2014 champions for Girls’ Basketball & Volleyball in our region of the entire Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. We hold many other athletic championships also!
- A full-time Intervention Specialist and part-time Counselor are available to students.
- Students in 4th-7th grade participate and are eligible for the DECATS and Duke Talent programs.