At a Glance
St. Helen Catholic School
Grades PK3-8th grade
The mission of St. Helen Catholic School is to grow the total child in “Wisdom, Age & Grace!” (WAG)
About Our School:
- St. Helen is TCCBED accredited.
- SHCS is 1 of 2 Catholic schools in Brazoria County.
- SHCS is the ONLY Catholic school in the Archdiocese to have two teacher recipients of the prestigious Sally Landrum Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Our Advisory Council has been named the Archdiocese Board of Excellence in 2016.
- First ever Inaugural Archdiocesan Leadership Award principal recipient.
- All teachers are Texas or TCCBED certified.
- SHCS is the only Catholic school in the country to hold the “Green Ribbon Award:(earth stewardship) for 5 consecutive years.
- We offer a before and after school care program for registered students.
- SHCS offers advanced placement classes in grades 6-7-8. These classes are available in Literature, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Many students are enrolled in before and after school activities, including, but not limited to: Dance Club, Art Club, Geography Club, Academic Competitions, Chess Tournaments, Quiz Bowl, Reading Clubs, Music Club, Spanish Club, Athletics, and many more!
- Several of our athletic teams have been awarded championships! We offer co-ed soccer and track, boys and girls basketball and girls volleyball.
- A full-time Intervention Specialist and part-time Counselor are available to students.
- Students in 4th-7th grade participate and are eligible for the DECATS and Duke Talent programs.