How to Apply
New Student Procedures PK-8
1. Admissions Application– The following completed documents must be included with your application for admission into St. Helen Catholic School.
- Copy of student birth certificate
- Copy of student baptismal certificate/1st Communion
- Copy of student social security card
- Copy of current immunization records
- All previous report cards and/or standardized testing
- Teacher recommendation (sent directly from teacher)
- Day care recommendations for PK (if applicable)
- All completed application and forms
- Application fee of $75 per student
- Custodial papers – if applicable
- Admissions Testing– All new students must be tested/screened. (Complete test
- The PK4-8th grade testing/screening process begins at 10 a.m. and will last
approximately one hour. (PK & K may take longer.) Please arrive fifteen minutes
ahead of time. Be prepared to complete an assessment document on your child
- PK4 must be 4 before Sept 1st , and Kindergarten must be 5 before Sept 1st.
- PK3 applicants must be 3 years before Sept 1 and may be required to re-test prior
to acceptance. (Note: PK3 testing is done in May)
Potty Training (PK3, PK4 and Kindergarten)
All students must be completely potty trained prior to the first day of school. Potty
training is defined as follows:
- Verbally identifying the need to use the bathroom
- Pulling down articles of clothing to get to the toilet
- Wiping him/herself
- Independently replacing articles of clothing moved for toileting
St. Helen does not have the staff to assist your child with potty training. Complete
potty training is expected.
See registration schedule for dates to return the application.
Note: Please read all information including the enrollment contract carefully.
New Student Forms
Returning Students Registration Only
Registration packets can be sent with your student to the homeroom teacher or the receptionist beginning January 31 through February 5. A completed packet and fees are due at that time.
Spaces cannot be reserved for returning students that have not returned their packet. A $100 late fee will be assessed for all returning families registering after February 5. If there are any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from returning your packet on time, please contact the accounting office prior to the registration deadline.
Returning Students Registration Form 2017-2018
Student Registration Schedule
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION – 2017-2018
|Registration is by appointment only at this time.|
All registration packets after February 18, 2016 are by appointment only. Please do not drop off packets
at reception desk. All new families are required to meet with the registrar in order to register.
*You must be registered in another Catholic church to qualify for this time. Bring proof of registration.