How to Apply
New Student Procedures PK3-8 (2018-2019)
All new PK3-8th grade students are required to register online through Renweb. Enrolling all year!
Current available grades: PK4, 1st, 2nd, 4th and 7th.
Closed grades: PK3, K, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 8th- please contact the school office for wait list information.
Click here to apply.
The following documents must be uploaded with your application to complete your application to St. Helen Catholic School:
- Copy of student birth certificate
- Copy of student baptismal certificate/1st Communion
- Copy of student social security card
- Copy of current immunization records
- All previous report cards and/or standardized testing
- Teacher recommendation (sent directly from teacher through Renweb)
- Day care recommendations for PK (if applicable)
- Application fee of $100 per student (online payment required)
- Custodial papers- if applicable (Hard copy can be sent to school)
All new students must complete an entrance exam. Testing usually lasts approximately one hour. PK4 & K may take longer. Parents must wait in the designated area while their child is testing. The entrance exam assists in determining where the student currently functions academically.
Testing Schedule and What to Expect?
- The PK4-8th grade testing/screening process begins at 9 a.m. on March 3, 2018.
Note: Please arrive fifteen minutes early to check-in. For PK & K testers, a parent check list will be available for completion while parents are waiting for their child. Please turn it in at check-out.
- PK4 must be 4yo before Sept 1st, and Kindergarten must be 5yo before Sept 1st.
- PK3 testing will be assigned by appointment only.
- PK3 applicants must be 3yo before Sept. 1st , and in some cases, a 2nd screening may be needed prior to acceptance.
Potty Training (PK3, PK4 and Kindergarten)
All students must be completely potty trained prior to the first day of school. St. Helen does not have the staff to assist your child with potty training. Complete potty training is required prior to acceptance.
Potty training is defined as follows:
- Verbally identifying the need to use the bathroom
- Pulling down articles of clothing to get to the toilet
- Wiping him/herself with no assistance
- Independently replacing articles of clothing moved for toileting
Returning Students Registration Only
All returning students must register online through Renweb. Information has been sent home via email. Contact the school office if you have any questions.
Student Registration Schedule
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION – 2017-2018 by appointment only, contact the school office.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION- 2018-2019